Wednesday, March 08, 2006

  • It’s hard to believe that it’s Wednesday already. I had a good visit with my #2 son this weekend. I saw just enough of him to make me happy and he got to see his bud’s. He seems happy in Greenville but he will most likely be back this summer after all Greenville is a college town. Oh well…

  • For the past 2 months I have been going to the gym at least 3 times a week for an hour each time. I have been running the dogs at least every other day. I have been trying to eat right and sleep more; I even had my yearly physical (admittedly 5 years late). I thought I was feeling more energetic and aside from a cold last week it seemed as if my stamina was up. With all this behind me I decided to tackle yard work! Folks I don’t care how many exercise machines I used, how many weights I lifted, how many miles I walked, hoeing and turning that little 8 foot by 16 foot patch of ground that I garden in, along with picking up and trimming tree branches and just cleaning the yard after a winter of disuse beat my butt. Motrin and Tylenol are my friends. My yard work is not done and I can’t waste today, this is day 2 of 4 days in a row that I have off and my goal is to get the peas and lettuce in and to fertilize the yards. I’m planting about a week early for this area but it’s been a warm winter and I’m betting it will be ok. That easy chair will look good this evening.

No comments: