Thursday, March 02, 2006

Meme of Fours

A week or so ago I was tagged by Tony Plutonium for a “game” called Meme of Fours well here goes

Meme of Fours

Four jobs I've had: among the many jobs I have had: I spent a summer as a farm hand picking tobacco; I have been a waitress, retail manager and an interior painter


Four movies I can watch over and over: there are so many but these make me feel good; the Indiana Jones trilogy (I count them as one because I watch them one after the other) The Mummy (the Brandon Frazer one), Robin Hood Men in Tights and Space Balls (I love Mel brooks)

Four television shows I love to watch: I watch very little TV and I don’t “love” to watch any shows but I do like; “Stargate” sci-fi channel, “Modern Marvels” on the history channel, I like a new show called “Dirty Jobs” the Discovery Channel and the “Dog Whisper” on animal planet.


Four favorite dishes: a new favorite Scallops Portabella found at MAXWELLS ON THE BAY in in Naples Fl, spaghetti, my aunt B’s fruit salad and just about anything Mexican


Four websites I visit daily:
Netscape news, NPR, Dark Horizons, and by-art.com (I like to play Mahjong). Of course from these web sites and the blogs I visit god only knows where I will end up and how long I’ll be a surfin.


Four places I've been on vacation: My guys love the Outer Banks beaches but we love to visit family and friends and have been many places including New Orleans, Niagara Falls, Philadelphia and my all time favorite Willis VA


Four places I'd rather be: I am very satisfied with the life I have now and other than being closer to family there is only one place I would rather be and that is sitting on a rock on a hill on my four acres in Willis VA

In keeping with the spirit of the game I am tagging these four blogs that I like:

Blue Ridge blog
Blue Ridge Muse
Fragments from Floyd
View from the Ridge (this guy gives me some good info on what is going on on the OB and I would like to know more about him).

2 comments:

Tony Plutonium said...

My roommate at UNC for four years was from Richlands, where the two biggest buildings are the Baptist church and the Piggly-Wiggley. He was kinda short so he was the one they always stuck up in the top of the curing barns - after years of that he was the most heat-tolerant person I'd ever met.

Hope you're feeling better!

Cindy Lee said...

The top of those barns are very hot but my brother and I were young, he was 12 and I was 14, and we were both strong for our age so we spent a lot of time climbing those beams. It was hard dirty work but I learned a lot about people from the Lumbee Indians and black folks I worked with. I'm thankful I only had to do it for a year but I would not trade the experience for anything. Now that I think of it that could be one of the reasons I hate to be hot.