Sunday, June 11, 2006

Well it’s another rainy day on the Outer Banks. For me that’s a good thing. Rain keeps the temperature down and helps the plants but for those folks whose kids just got out of school and who just started their vacation its not such a good thing unless they look on the bright side, this is a day to relax and vacation. Don’t go shopping; read a book, play a game with the kid’s heck if nothing else watch TV. I would like to see some people do nothing on their vacation but that’s not going to happen. It seems to be in our nature to pack every thing we can into that week or two we take off each year. Our lives are so busy that it’s difficult to just sit back and watch the world go by.

Next week I start my first week of vacation in the mountains. I plan on taking a little time each month and going to my little piece of solitude. This year I will be forced to take it easy because I have little money left in the "vacation" till. I don’t have to pay for a place to stay I have my camper. I can buy food at the local store and cook on the grill. I have several books to read, one I bought last summer to read while I was up there. It will be interesting to see if I can make it on vacation with nothing planed to do. Can I sit idly on my deck and just watch the cows and wild life. Will hiking the property line be enough to keep me busy. Will I finally finish that book, heck start that book I bought last year. Tune in in two weeks and find out.

It was a good hockey game last night looked like overtime for a little while there. I was rooting for Edmonton I hate to see a 4-0 win in any tournament but now Hurricanes just get it over with and win!

No comments: