Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Yesterday was June 6, 2006 or as some like to call it 666. It was the day that expectant mothers feared to the point that they asked their doctors to induce labor if there was any chance at all their child would be born on that day. It was the day that many rational folks looked at with apprehension I must say that I consider myself rational but I knew that the dark cloud that has been following me this year was not going to let an opportunity like 666 pass me by and I was right.

I spent all yesterday morning working in the yard admiring my tomatoes and flowers just enjoying being home. When I was finished I walked into the basement and noticed that there was a wet spot near the chest freezer," self" I said "that’s not good". I moved the freezer and noticed that the water was not coming from the freezer it was coming from the wall. "Self" I said "this is really not good". I knew there were no pipes in that wall so I went up stairs and looked in the closet that holds the hot water heater and sure enough the hot water heater was shot. "Self" I said "this sucks".

I started shopping around for a plumber to replace the hot water heater and got a case of sticker shock. $600 seemed a bit much for 30 minutes to an hour of work. I had seen a hot water heater replace but I had never actually done it before, "self" I said "you can do this".

Folks I have now officially installed a hot water heater and it only cost me $320 and 3 hours time!!!

It’s a beautiful day on the outer banks!!

By the way 06-06-06 comes by every 100 years just something for you superstitious folks to think about.

No comments: