Monday, July 16, 2007


I spent yesterday morning with the roses in my garden. They are not doing that well this year. I have put irrigation around, fertilized them, sprayed for every thing there is to spray for (I don't like chemicals in the garden but I used them) and I mulched them big time. They are starting to show some new growth but this is a very disappointing rose year for me.

I love roses but they are not as easy to grow as some would have you believe. They require a lot of care but the reward of the flower is worth the effort. Most of the important things in life are that way. A persons relationship with family and friends is one of the most important things in a persons life. These relationships require a lot of work to make them grow and regular maintenance to keep them healthy. I love going out with friends and family or simply talking to them on the phone. Talking to people who I have shared experiences with is very comforting. Next week I will be in the mountains visiting with one of my best friends . I look at this as a really great "maintenance" trip, one that will allow me to catch up with an old friend and may allow me to make new friends. I cant wait!

No comments: