Saturday, July 07, 2007

Well its summer on the outer banks. Temps near 90 with god awful humidity. I think my going to the beach days are over for now. The traffic is HORRIBLE. I hate this time of year here. I'm glad its time for my yearly sabbatical to the mountains. Two weeks from today I'm off for 10 days of peace and quiet. There is very little to do in Willis, I have very little TV reception, the cell phone only works when I'm on the road I don't have a washer and dryer and how messy can a 19 foot camper get. I will be forced to slow down. Allowed to read or just be lazy. Oh I cant wait.

I guess that's why we Americans so like our vacations. Weather we are going to the mountains or the sea we are going somewhere else. We hope that when we get there things will be different . Some hope things will be slower, others want to tie one on either way we hope to be rejuvenated.

I hope for a slower pace and I know after 10 days away I will be ready to come home and things wont seem so crazy here (I hope).

No comments: