Sunday, June 14, 2009

I cant believe how long it has been since I last bloged but.. life has been busy.

Most of my not going to the job hours have been spent at the cabin work site. Things are moving along well (for now) and I try to get every thing I can do done. I keep the work site clean, I salvage wood the builder considers trash and I consider usable (It‘s unbelievable how wasteful building a house can be). I am also trying to get at least some of the property mowable.

You wont believe how many rock there are. In the old days farmers would send their kids into the fields and have them move the rocks. I’m not a farmer, its not the old days and I don’t have any kids with me so this old lady is moving them one by one. The weather here is much cooler than at the beach BUT when you are moving rocks 75-80 degrees feels hot. Now you would think that doing all this work would give one a since of accomplishment but nooooo. When I mowed around the barn I saw how much work needs to be done to the barn. Cleaning up around the cabin I see how much landscaping needs to be done. Every time I get one thing done there is another thing that needs to be done staring me in the face. Its Kinda like that Gicko commercial where the stack of money stares at people symbolizing how much money they can save. Well every time I see something that needs to be done I see a little stack of money that symbolizes how much money I have to spend. I knew that there was a lot to be done and I don’t mind the work. I figure that at about the time my kids decide I need to be in a nursing home I will have the place looking just like I want it to look.

No comments: