Sunday, August 28, 2005

Katrina


My brother and his wife live in Harvey La. Harvey is about a 15 minute drive from down town New Orleans. I have a sister who recently moved to Biloxi MS and one who lives in Pensacola FL. Each of these places is in the path of hurricane Katrina. My mother was able to get in touch with my brother; he and his wife have decided to go to Florida. We haven't heard from the sisters but they are bright people and I sure they know to get out of harms way.

This storm is big with maximum winds of 160 miles an hour, I would not be surprised if it lost some energy before it hit the coast but the storm wind isn't the only concern heavy rain and wave action are of great concern. I have seen fierce storms approach the coast and as soon as they hit the shallow waters and fizzle out but this one is very close to shore and shows little signs of weakening. It would take a lot for me to evacuate my home in fact I have only left for one storm and I regretted going but if Katrina were heading here I would pack my car and get my butt out of Dodge!

Good luck to all the folks being impacted by this storm.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: