Monday, August 01, 2005


My youngest son and I just spent 4 moist days in the SW VA mountains attending an event called Floyd Fest. The music was good the people who attended were friendly group of people but for me one day would have been just fine.

I liked the set up of the event. Two large stages on either end of a long midway, the midway housed venders and smaller stages. There was a dance tent for the adventuresome. There was a large area set up for the kids with some interesting things for them to do.

I�ll tell you my best times were spent riding the shuttle buses. The drivers were a hoot and the passengers were talkative no one complained about the weather they all seemed very happy and like me very tired.

The weather was not favorable the ground was soaked but the organizers of the event did there best to keep the main paths walkable. You will be surprised how different it is to walk on hilly wet ground when you are accustomed to walking on solid flat ground and we did a lot of walking.

All and all we did have a good time we hooked up with friends from time to time and if asked I would go again.
 Posted by Picasa

No comments: