Friday, February 17, 2006

I'm back

black skimmers in flight

a cool calm friday
hot day at the zoo on Saturday

cool choppy day at the beach on Monday
taken from the Naples fishing pier

I’m back. It’s been a whirlwind 2 weeks. I left for Naples Florida a week ago Thursday (the 9th). In that time I have spent 5 nights and 4 full days in Naples plus a day and a half in various air ports. Before I left and since I have been back I have been working my bummies off, this is the first I have been able to sit down and write!

Naples was nice. For me the weather was almost perfect although it did get kinda hot on Saturday. You could not have asked for nicer people. The people we meant in shops and restraints were friendly in a genuine way, I am told that by the end of the season that changes a little. The beaches there are beautiful. Wide and white and on most days the water has a aqua blue look to it and it just laps at the shore. I did not see any of the pounding waves we have here on the Outer Banks. I did go to the beach on one of the rougher days and saw a few folks try and surf but there really was not a whole lot to surf on. My oldest son would have liked the clear waters for snorkeling but I don’t think any of my guys would have liked the surfing.

Traffic in and around Naples was bad. It took me an hour to travel the 20 miles to the beach but I am told that February is the busiest month and many of the locals stay home. Sounds a lot like the Outer Banks in mid July and August.

I had a good time in Naples thanks to a great friend and her family and I will go back.

No comments: