Sunday, February 19, 2006

Well folks the lion of March has hit the Outer Banks a few weeks early or is it that winter has finally come a few weeks late. Either way it cold out there, 29 degrees with a wind-chill of 19 degrees. The wind should lie down as the day progress and with low humidity it should be an OK day for quick trips outside.

I have lots to do this next few months my #2 son has moved out again and my #1 son has laid odds that he will be back by summer so I figure I have a few months to get my house back in order. March 15th is the beginning of planting season here and I’m going to try peas and lettuce (again) so I need to prepare the soil. I bought my first bit guarding “stuff” the other day, composted manure. I have told myself that I would not be spending a lot on the yard this year but I really want to put some more rock around the house and there is a spot under the deck that I want to place a nice wooden swing bench I bought at a yard sale and I have some cool solar lighting ideals……..

I’m glad to hear that the Cheany thing has died down a bit. I’m in NO way republican but it was a hunting accident. 24 hours is not too long for news of a shooting to get out. The patients well being is of first concern then the police have to notified, all hospitals are required to report shootings and dog bites, and the process takes time. Then you have to conceder the patient’s right to privacy. I will admit I did gloat a bit and the comedians had a field day but as Jon Stewart said if the guy died the story would become brechtian

No comments: