Friday, February 24, 2006

the road side stalker

Picture this a small flock of snowy white egrets on a small quaint fishing dock with the bright morning sun reflecting off their white feathers making the birds appear to glow. Would that not be a beautiful shot? Well that’s the shot I went for this morning but the egrets would not cooperate. They are shy birds and would not let me get with in a 100 feet. I tried twice following them from the fishing dock to a boat dock. I tried to “sneak” up on them at the boat dock but when they saw me they must have thought enough was enough and flew off into the marsh. I must have been a sight to the folks traveling up and down the busy road, a woman dressed in exercise pants and a tee shirt wearing flip flops caring a camera stalking a bunch of birds. But who cares it’s a beautiful day on the Outer Banks and today I don’t have to work so if I want I can stop on the side of the road and stalk birds.

No comments: