Friday, July 28, 2006


morning coffee on the deck
these wont make it past the next few minute's

It is starting out to be a nice day on the Outer Banks but it looks like a hot one so I need to get some outdoor work done early but as I was sitting on the deck enjoying my morning “cup” of coffee and contemplating what all had to be done I started to admire my hanging baskets. This year I made my own baskets using cherry tomatoes as the plant and it worked great. The biggest problem with putting plants on my deck is that it faces west and the afternoon sun is brutal. Theses plants require almost a gallon of water each daily but it is well worth the work to me; besides how hard is picking up a hose and watering some plants. You wont see many red tomatoes on these plants because I eat them as soon as I see them!

No comments: