Saturday, July 29, 2006

We had a bit of a blow come through last night. It's kind of invigorating watching a storm as it approaches. The air becomes thick and it gets almost hard to breath then all of a sudden the wind picks up and you feel the hot humid air rushing against your skin. As the wind increases in speed you see the clouds roll in then the air turns cool and accelerates past you like a freight train. You gotta love it!

I have always liked storms I just never tried to take pictures in them. A digital camera makes that a lot easier. I tried for the longest time to shoot individual bolts of lightning but to be honest the lightning wasn’t that impressive this time. For the most part it hid behind the clouds hiding from me like it knew I wanted to take its picture. After awhile I just set the shutter to stay open for 15 seconds and these are some of the photos I got. Not impressive but fun to try for.


No comments: