Sunday, January 25, 2009

I finally made it to the The Sun Music Hall in downtown Floyd. A friend and I went to hear William Walter & Co. I must say I had a very good time. The music was really good and the band looked and sounded like they enjoyed what they were doing. My friend that told me about the group said she was told that they “kinda sounded like Bruce Springsteen and the E street band” I disagree with that description, I think they sound more like Train, my friend said they reminded her of Van Morrison. No matter what the music was good.

I very much liked checking out the folks that were there to listen. Where I come from most of the bands play in bars, and those bars are for the most part not family friendly. What I saw at this event were baby’s in mother’s arms and people that easily could have been those baby’s grand parents all dancing together. I did not dance. I just sat in the seats provided sipping my cappuccino (no beer for me I had to drive too far =-( and enjoying the music. I was not really impressed with the acoustics of The Sun Music Hall. I have been to hole in the wall bars where the sound was better but the band was good and they for the most part were able to work with what they had. In my opinion The Sun Music Hall may not be a perfect place to play music but it offers a good space for a bunch of people to listen to music and enjoy a night out with family and friends

No comments: