Wednesday, January 07, 2009

  • We had some rain last night.. and yesterday for that matter. Yesterday the weather service posted a flood watch for this area, this morning I could see why.
  • I did get a job on Monday in the department I wanted but it’s quite a drive from here and a lot less money than I was making at the beach. I’m sure I can make it on the pay cut, the cost of living is less than at the beach but I was hoping to put a lot more money into savings than I had been. You know, spend this last 15 years before retirement save, save, saving. Now I think it’s just going to be save, save. Sometimes you just have to go with the flow.
  • Work on the cabin has come to a standstill. Now I’m hoping to get into it sometime at the end of February. I know we need rain but I would really love to get into my own house!!

I had hoped to walk everyday but yesterday I did not, it rained too much. On Tuesday we did take a walk and I’m happy to report that I found acorns all over the place. I had heard that there were no acorns at all this year and I did not see any on my property so I know that there were a lot fewer acorns than in years past. Hopefully this decline in acorns will be short lived.

No comments: