Monday, January 26, 2009

  • When I sat down at 6pm tonight to eat dinner I noticed that it was not totally dark outside. The trees were black silhouettes against a gray sky. The days are getting longer and that tends to give me spring fever. I know that spring is more than 7 weeks away and that there is a lot of cold weather yet to come but…….
  • There has been some closure on my barn that burned down last August. One of the men involved in the “accidental” arson has been sentenced to 4 years in jail. I don’t know if that is fare or not because no one has discussed the case with me. No one asked me how I felt or gave me any ideal of how this case was going to be handled. The only reason I know what the verdict is, is because I read it in the paper. I was contacted only once by the common wealth attorneys office and that was because they wanted to know the value of my barn. I guess I will call the common wealth’s attorneys office on Wednesday just to see where things go from here who knows maybe they will tell me something. I don’t expect to ever see the barn money, lets be honest, the guy is being sent to jail for 4 years, after he is released he has to find a job and then pay off me and the insurance company that paid off the farmer who had his equipment in my barn. Unless the state of Virginia offers technical school in jail I don’t know how he is going to do it. I’m not holding my breath

No comments: