Sunday, January 04, 2009

Today started out cloudy and dreary. I truly could not remember the last time it had been sunny, but dreary or not I had made a resolution to get back to walking and so the dogs and I went for a walk. To be truthful it was hard to get stated but once the walk began it became a pleasant experience. We walked to where the cabin is being built or about a mile, well I walked the boys and girls ran, once there I did some work around the property and then walked the mile back. Now I drive that route nearly everyday and I see the barns the trees and the fields but it seem like I see more of these things when I walk; today was no exception. I saw the creek, the tree that I just love, the red barn on the hill and of course Buffalo Mountain. The air was fresh and clean there was a scattering of birds singing and a touch of blue between the clouds. All of these things are so hard to experience while driving even if the top is down on the Jeep. No, to experience these sights and sounds one must walk. When I got home I felt refreshed and ready for breakfast; nothing like a good walk to wet the appetite. After breakfast while sweeping I noticed a light shining on the floor that I had not seen for a while, it was the sun. The sun came out today! The afternoon was sunny and warm. I could not stay inside so what did I do? I cleaned the windows, east and south facing, and chopped kindling for the up coming week. I spent every minute I could outside. Towards evening the clouds started to return but that’s OK because the sun we got this afternoon was like medicine for my soul and right now I feel great!

No comments: