Tuesday, August 01, 2006

It’s the first day of August and man is it a scorcher. Hazy Hot and Humid!!! There is no way that it’s not going to be busy at work today. People drink lots of NON alcoholic beverages and stay inside during the midday sun. I hope the waves are calm and the water cool and the breeze comes from off the ocean that will make for a good beach day http://www.nagsheadpier.com/

I'm getting ready for my trip to the Pennsylvania mountains for the annual friends and family party at my cousin Jacks. I'm leaving on Friday but since I'm working just about every day I have to pack in stages. I'm getting the camping gear together, those of us that want to can camp on my cousins farm that way we can party way into the night and no one has to worry about drinking and driving!! I wish I had a big truck so I could whip on by Floyd county VA and pick up my camper but I'll just have to rough it in a tent. Any hoo when I get back I have to get ready for company that’s coming after that it will be time for school to start. Boy this summer has just whipped by.

2 comments:

Tony Plutonium said...

We'll wave as we pass you coming in - while the position change killed my vacation plans for this week we at least decided to get out for the weekend. Two days is better than no days. The problem is that we want to eat at Chilli Pepper's, Full Moon Cafe, Mama Kwan's, Black Pelican and Flying Fish and there just ain't gonna be that many meals! :-)

Anonymous said...

up here in PA. hope the weather on the OBX is as good as it is up here. if you played it righ you should have been able to squeeze in at least 5 restaurants. hope your weekend was great.