Sunday, August 13, 2006

After the oppressive heat we have been having this mornings 8 am temp of 79 degrees with 42% humidity seemed like heaven. Last night while looking for meteors (I saw maybe 3 dim streaks; bummer) the air almost seemed… cool? Well July is past us and here on the Outer Banks July is the hottest month of year, and the busiest. In August the tourist start to thin out and the day light becomes less harsh as the sun begins its slow march south, I even saw some geese. I smell fall in the air. Fall is still 5 or 6 weeks away and we still have hot weather ahead not to mention the storms that seem to come at the end of August and the first of September but one of my favorite times of year on the Outer Banks is close at hand. I do not like summer, I am glad it is on the wane.

No comments: