Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Yesterday was the first day of school in Dare County. While my son was slaving away at school some friends and I kayaked, ate fruit & cheese and drank wine finishing off the early afternoon with a nice swim in the pool. Did we think of our kids? No….. Today I am a little sunburned and my arm’s feel heavy, it has been a while since I used a kayak, but yesterday was a perfect day to be out on the water. The rest of this week is looking as if it could be wet with Ernesto predicted to head north. So far it doesn’t look like much of a storm for us wind wise, which is a good thing but I do hope we get some of the rain we could sure use it.

4 comments:

Tony Plutonium said...

Water looks great!! I hope you get some rain but I hope it's only Friday cuz J and I are heading out for the long weekend and we definitely plan to put our two-seater in the water (for the first time this season - argh!!). Of course if Ernesto comes more our way and hasn't blown out by the time it gets to us, the kayak on top of the car just acts like a big sail, so could be an interesting drive...

Cindy Lee said...

Thursday and Friday look wet. The rest of the weekend could go either way. Right now it looks like there may be more rain your way than there will be here but of course with tropical systems you never really know what is going to happen. Are the two of you planning on visiting the beach or do you plan to hit one of the rivers or lake’s closer to home?

Tony Plutonium said...

J likes to put in at the boatramp at the Manteo waterfront - just to the left of the bridge over to Festival Island. We get some protected paddling through the marsh and around the marina. I'd also like to get back up to Corolla and put in at the Whalehead Club if it's not too windy. We've gone south from there but haven't gone north toward Monkey Island yet.

And yeah, I expect the drive out to be the worst part of the weather, especially with a two-seater kayak tied on its side to the top - sorta like a big sail...

Cindy Lee said...

I think its going to be a good weekend. I'm working, Last big weekend of the year, otherwise I'd suggest we get together for lunch in Manteo it would be interesting to meet you both. none the less you and J have a great time and be careful on the water.