Sunday, August 27, 2006

Last day of summer

Summer officially ends September 21st but today is the last day of summer for those of us who have school age children. The kids in dare county return to school tomorrow; gone are the days of coming and going without concern for time, of staying out late and getting up late. We now return to a life that revolves around the school schedule. Summer vacation is over.

It has been a busy summer in my house and no one has really done anything. I have hardly seen my oldest son of course he is a young bachelor living on his own he along with my #2 son have been working, surfing and sailing with the occasional trip to Wilmington to sail and surf. Those two boys (young men) have the sea in their veins. My youngest has spent his summer pretty much in front of the computer with the daily bike ride to the pool and TaeKwonDo classes 3 times a week. I asked him if he felt that he may have wasted his summer and he told me again “mom this is the last summer of my life that I will be able to do absolutely nothing” I take that as a no. My mom kept me busy by breaking her arm. Parents, what ya do ;-)

For me the summer has just flown by. I have traveled off this island 4 times putting over 5000 miles on my car. When I haven’t been traveling I have been working and work has been busy. I have this dream that someday in the not too distance future I will be spending time in my 640sqf passive solar home over looking Buffalo Mt in southwestern VA sitting in my comphy chair thinking back fondly on life at the beach with my children and being happy to live in the mountains. I can’t help it I live 2 years in the future

All in all it has been a fare summer. It started off with tragedy and ended with life going on.

No comments: