Sunday, March 06, 2005

Flight of thought

I woke up this morning to the words of a Bob Seagers song in my head "I woke last night to the sound of thunder how far off I sat and wondered...." I thought about that song for a while then my mind wandered to how I need to build a shelf to hold the DVD player and VCR in my room. It was 3:30am !

I put this out of my mind, said to self go back to sleep, but instead into my mind popped "does the front yard need to be dethatched" , I need to get down on my hands and knees and measure the thickness of the thatch. Its 3:50 something am...

Go back to sleep.

But it was not to be. From my obviously totally awake subconscious to my trying to sleep conscious popped the most important observation "If I replace the closet door with a louver door I could put that wing back chair mom gave me in that corner". It was 4:18 am..

Maybe it was because I worked Thursday day shift, then Friday night shift, slept till 2pm on Saturday and then had chocolate cake after dinner. What ever it is I'm up and I guess I will mop the kitchen!

After I have my cup of coffee, fool around on the computer, take the dogs out, sort the laundry.....

No comments: