Saturday, March 26, 2005

Spring Break

*Spring break is here and I have to get up early in the morning to use the computer. As has been the pattern since I don’t know when, yesterday was my day off so the weather was less than ideal, with it being the first day of spring break all the little kiddies were home and since the weather sucked, my #3 son and his friends were on the computer killing each other in some war game. I’ve never allowed my son to have a computer in his room so get to sit and listen to him talk, yes talk, over the internet in real time to his buds and some other people who he only knows on the internet discussing battle strategies. It reminds me of a virtual paint ball game. I find it interesting. Every once and a while I’ll ask him questions while he is playing and he seems willing to teach an old lady a new trick but I just cant seem to get the hang of it. I like paint ball but I can’t get into the virtual mayhem.

*Things are looking ok for the trip to the mountains. I want to get the camper ready for the summer. It needs to be leveled and I want to build a small deck. I have confirmed the Jeep rental. A ragtop at 70mph is not the most pleasant of rides but when I hit the mountains its great. Today the weather channel says Tuesday through Thursday should be good so with my #3 son and farmer Tim’s help I will get things ready for the summer!

*I have taken 8 days off this spring break 4 of those days will be getting the camper ready days and 2 will be gardening days. I’ll need to go back to work to rest!

No comments: