Friday, May 12, 2006

I'm back


I planted this years ago I think it is a blue iris?

Well things have calmed down a bit so I’m going to try writing again. Needless to say mom has kept me very busy with her broken arm and all but she had surgery almost 2 weeks ago and is doing fine, enough said.

Things are building up here on the outer banks, tourist and quiet a few property owners are down some hoping to beat the summer rush. Gas prices don’t seem to be keeping folks away. We have seen quiet a few dummies, as in stupid ass people in the ED. Why do the young behave so? I have tried to go back 25 years and ask myself questions like why do you drink and party until all hours of the night? How do you get up in the morning and function at work? What are you thinking racing that dam car down the center of town don’t you know someone might get hurt and while we are talking about it why are you on the water drinking I don’t care if it’s a motor boat or sail boat its dangerous! Another summer on the Outer Banks nothing’s changed in 25 years except that there are a lot more people.

On another note the garden is coming along quite well. I planted tomatoes from seed and they are standing 18 inches tall and have main stems as big around as my thumb. I hope they do well. I did cheat a little by putting some miracle grow potting soil in the holes with the tomatoes. Last week I was feeling sorry for my self, you know wa wa wa woe is me, so I fed my addiction and bought 3 rose bushes and way too many inpatients, but they are the most beautiful flowers. The Perfume Delight rose is a purple pink very fragrant rose that is so pleasant to both the nose and the eye. I also picked up an Orange Rose it has a very unique color but not much fragrance and then just a simple Peace Rose I just like them. I have already had several cutting’s my other roses are doing very well this year. They seemed to have liked the mild winter.

Well after writing about the garden I want to get back into it. I have included a link to the Nags Head Pier’s video cam so that any one who visits this sight can take a look at the beach. Other piers have them also Avalon Pier which is in Kill Devil Hills has one. My son’s use them to check out the waves and its kind of neat to watch people fish.


No comments: